Monday, April 11, 2011

Diet Supplments, my rant about "fat burners"

One time in 2008, I bought a bottle of fat burners to attempt to make an ungodly low weight for a fight. I read the directions on the bottle, which was to take 2 twice a day for the first 7 days, and then 1 twice a day afterwards. It also said that it worked better if taken within 1 hour of working out.

So I did as the bottle directed. Then I was up for 4 days. My heart was beating so hard my chest was pulsing. Everything and everyone seemed to be going really slowly, except me. I managed to write a 15 page Canadian politics paper in 2 hours. I was incredibly jittery and easy to startle.

I immedietly stopped taking them. I also did a little research into this item, I was shocked to see the chemical equivilent of an illegal drug in it. Along with copious ammounts of caffiene and ephedra.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are going to take supplements please consult someone who knows about them. Try to avoid the fat burners, they put an unneeded stress on your system and sometimes they are not approved by your country's health board. These can be really dangerous products if not used correctly, or if they interact with another prescription you could be taking the effects could be diasterous.

My personal oppinion would be to avoid almost everything except a really great protein powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment